Friday, April 9, 2010

Blessed

Sometimes in my busy and hectic life, I forget how truly blessed I am. But, for some reason, I have had many reminders over the past couple of weeks of how lucky I am.

This is why I know I am lucky...

1. My fiance is the best man alive. He treats like a queen every minute of every day. We have the best relationship ever. I never imagined I could be this happy. I am so lucky to have him in my life.

2. My grandma came to stay at my mom's house for a couple of weeks. I love my grandma so much. She is such an example to me. I hope one day I can become half the woman she is.

3. My brother, Chris, was offered a job at my work. So now, I get to see him every day. Having him around has been such a mood lifter for me at work. When I am stressed, he's there with a smile to rally me on. LOVE HIM!

4. My friend, Lindsay, was also offered a job at my work. I love being able to see her more often! She's the best.

5. The other day, driving home from work, I waited an extra second before turning with a green arrow. Right before putting my foot on the gas, a large truck ran a red light. If I would have gone immediately after the light turning green, I would have been side swipped by the truck.

6. I was blessed to have the greatest grandpas in the world, whom I loved and adored. I think about them every day, and I am thankful for all they did for me. I know I am the person I am today because of their great examples and the wisdom they shared with me. I love you both and I miss you like mad!

7. I am going to graduate in a few weeks with two Bachelor's degrees. I am so thankful to my donors who made my education possible. Without their financial help, I would not have been able to attend college.

8. The other night, I was disscussing finances with Scott. I was expressing my concerns of how I would be able to contribute my part of the wedding savings once my internship ended. The next day at work, I was offered a full-time position after graduation.

9. I washed my tweety bird blanket in the washer this week, and she managed to live through it. This is a miracle in itself, as I've taken the blanket everywhere with me since I was 6-years-old. Yes, I do still sleep with my blanket, and I plan to do so for a very long time.

10. I got a $100 rebate check in the mail on Saturday that I totally forgot about.

See, I'm a lucky girl.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment