Friday, June 11, 2010

The Cake

First came the place. Then came the dress and then the photographer. We had a shoe-in for the florist. So, what's left, right?!

THE CAKE.

I decided a long time ago that I wanted a red velvet cake for my wedding. Red theme, red velvet = perfect!

But, I had a hard time deciding the look of the cake. Round? Square? Hexagon? Hmm...

After careful consideration, however, I decided simple, elegant and traditional was best. My dad set me up with a lady he knows who does wedding cakes, so I got a sweet deal.

Here's what I decided (or I should say we, even though Scott really didn't have a say on any of this):

A four tier red velvet cake with flour frosting (a family recipe). The design will look similar to the picture below.




Two exceptions to the cake above: our cake won't tilt to one side and there will be no flowers on the cake. My dad has agreed to add the base wreath to his mile long flower to-do list. And, instead of flowers on the cake, we will add red ribbon to the base of each tier.

I think it's going to be beautiful!

-A

P.S. 148 days to go.

1 comment: